Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Tie that Binds

For my dad and me, the tie that re-bound us together, loosely that is, was Super Bowl 46. I won $13 off of him the weekend I voluntarily watched 12 hours of NFL action. Which was a triumph in itself, in addition to my financial triumph. But then I lost $8 the next weekend when both of my teams, the Ravens and Eagles, lost their tickets to Tampa. But then I found a dust covered alligiance with #13, Kurt Warner the Arizona QB. Back in my glory days when I was a Missouri-native, Warner was the QB for the St. Louis Rams and helped them win Super Bowl 36 in 1999. I remembered that game, as it was one of the only football games I have ever really been 'into'. And knew, that as a fellow Visionary, that if he could do it then, he could most definitely do it again 10 years later. And he almost did tonight. If those stupid Steelers didn't eat so much meat and potatoes, but ingested a healthier spa-like diet, as the Cardinals do, then the Cardinals would have showed them who looks better in a swim suit. Hands down, I never want to see a Steeler in a swim suit, even if they are wearing their new diamond studded game ring. As this year's Super Bowl flower commercial stated, "No One wants to see you (ANY STEELER) naked (or in a swim suit!). That commercial I thought was in particularly bad taste, and I hope that company realizes how they just blew $3 million running that it.

So here's to you, Kurt Warner and Jennifer Hudson/E Street Band/NBC, thank you for not only putting on a great show, but also giving me a reason to reconnect with my dad!

No comments: